I'm such a pinhead....

2007-11-13-05
Originally uploaded by Christopher Evans.
My Leonardo 4x5 was out on loan with a friend for awhile. I needed a break from it, for both creative and financial reasons. (Even when I can scam free film, $2.25 a shot for developing adds up. I wish I could develop them at home.)
But it's back now, and it's been nice to get out and shoot with it, weather permitting. This shot of City Hall might be my favorite shot from my first day out with it. Google Maps almost points to the exact spot where I was standing when I took this photo.
I'd forgotten what a time consuming pain in the ass it is to scan and remove dust marks from 4x5 film. I think the results make it worthwhile. I haven't felt so "in tune" with a camera since the summer of 2000, when I shot over 100 rolls in six weeks with my Lomo LC-A. It really feels like an extension of myself.


1 Comments:
Wow. You sound really excited Chris. No, really! Glad you are getting your muse back....
Post a Comment
<< Home